As you know, last night K-State beat the OTHER elite team in the Big 12, winning at Texas on Big Monday. The Wildcats, who everyone (including us) assumed were doomed for a bad season, are now just about a lock for the NCAA tournament.
It’s a fresh start from there.
1. Kansas Craig: A tough week looms with Texas A&M and Missouri on tap, but the Jayhawks can grab a No. 1 seed with wins at the Big 12 tournament, where they’ve dominated in recent years. Along the way, they’ll likely claim a share of the league title for the 7th straight year. (24)
T2. Texas Craig: The Horns have suffered back to back losses for the first time all year, to Nebraska and Kansas State. But this isn’t another late season cave-in, this team is too good. Right? (21)
T2. Kansas State Justin: This is the team we thought we were going to see all season. Jacob Pullen can easily carry this team to the Sweet Sixteen. (21)
4. Texas A&M Justin: Kind of lost in the shuffle, but still plugging away. They have a great shot at going deep into March. (18)
5. Colorado Craig: Showed a lot of heart and ability in a furious rally at home against Texas. How will the Buffaloes look in their final Big 12 Tournament? (15)
6. Missouri Craig: Simply put, the Tigers looked horrible at Nebraska. Can they get their act together between now and Selection Sunday? (14)
7. Nebraska Craig: Lance Jeter saved the Huskers for a few minutes with a buzzer-beater at Iowa State, but the Cyclones prevailed in overtime. Not good for Nebraska’s NCAA hopes. (12)
8. Baylor Craig: Chance after chance has been blown, including Tuesday’s night’s game at Oklahoma State, an 11-point loss. Last year’s Elite Eight run ends up sandwiched between two disappointing seasons. (11)
9. Oklahoma State Justin: Wonder if they can make a little noise in the conference tournament. Wouldn’t shock me. (8)
T10. Oklahoma Justin: Schedule sets up so they can finish out with a win or two. (5)
T10. Texas Tech Justin: After looking like he saved his job, I’m guessing Pat Knight is winding down his Red Raiders career. (5)
12. Iowa State Justin: Hey, at least they try hard. Craig: Nice win against Nebraska. (2)
Craig’s Poll – Kansas, Texas, K-State, Texas A&M, Missouri, Colorado, Baylor, Nebraska, Ok. State, OU, Texas Tech, Iowa State
Justin’s Poll – Kansas, K-State, Texas, Texas A&M, Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, Baylor, Ok. State, Texas Tech, OU, Iowa State